Sunday, December 29, 2013

My Lack of Patience

The subject for today's musings is brought to you by The One-Minute Writer.

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2013

Today's Writing Prompt: Patience

It isn't easy to come by these days; and it is rare to meet someone with unending patience. Once in a while we do surprise ourselves though...either completely losing it or retaining our patience more than even we expect. What do you think?



I used to be a very patient person.  I very rarely lost my temper.  I miss that person.

Now, my temper is a very short fuse.  Chronic migraines tend to wear you out.  I also have 7 year old twin girls and 2 step daughters, ages 7 and 9.  We are currently living with my father-in-law since my migraines have forced me to quit working.  As you can imagine, this makes things a bit rough sometimes.

I am currently working on being more patient with the girls, as they don't deserve my temper.  Most of the time.  As most children are, they can get a bit loud.  As long as I don't have a migraine, I can usually handle it fairly well.  If I have one brewing, however, I can get very cranky.

It doesn't help when I'm trying to talk them into being quiet and the words just won't come out right.  They find it funny, which just annoys me further.  That's when I have to send myself to my room.  Otherwise, I might blow up.

I am hoping that getting my migraines under at least a little bit better control will help with my patience and temper.  I know I will need it more than ever in a few years, when they all hit puberty.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home