Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Feeling Scroogish

I love Christmas.  I have always loved Christmas.  Today being Christmas Eve, you would think I would be excited.  I'm just not feeling it this year.

I'm pretty sure it's a combination of a lot of things.

All of my family, with a few exceptions, lives in Kansas.  Other than a grandpa in Australia, another in Arizona, and an ex-step mom (who is still a mom to me and Nana to my kids), they are all there.  Add to that, my best girl friend is there.  I miss all of you!

While we will have all 4 girls here for most of Christmas break, we won't see any of them today or tomorrow.  We get them all on the 26th.  That means I won't have little ones waking me up tomorrow asking if we can open presents yet.  While I have enjoyed the last 2 days of peace and quiet, I'm bummed to be missing out on tomorrow's excitement.

This is also the first Christmas without Ted's mom.  This doesn't really affect me as much as it does Ted and his dad.  I talked with Bunny a few times, but I only met her once.  I feel bad now that I didn't know her as well as I would have liked to.

All in all, I'm not feeling it this year as much as I would like.



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home