Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Migraines

Today's thoughts are brought to you by my first visit to a neurologist, scheduled for today.  The reason for the visit is my steadily worsening migraines.  You can find everything I've written about it by clicking on the tab above titled Mind Over Migraines.

I've had migraines since the age of 9.  I would get them maybe 3 or 4 times a year.  Painful, especially that young, but doable.  As an adult, they increased to maybe 6 times a year.  A little more, but still doable.  However, about 3 years ago, they increased to about once a month.  Not too much more, but still quite a bit when you think about having to miss work because of them.

In the last 2 years, they have increased even more dramatically.  I would get one at least once a week.  No matter where you work, this will not be looked on favorably.  I finally found a way to go see a doctor and was promptly given 2 prescriptions to help control them.  A month later, a 3rd prescription was added.

To date I am taking 4 daily prescriptions, with one of them being twice a day.  I also have a painkiller specifically for migraines and an anti-nausea for the times when I would rather spend the day in front of the toilet, just in case.  Add to that my allergy medicine and vitamin D (since mine was found to be quite low), and I find myself very annoyed.  Taking that much medication for one thing, and not having any of it really help, is quite frustrating.

When my migraines got so bad that work became pretty much impossible, Ted suggested that maybe we should see if we could move in with his dad so that I could quit work and focus on finding out exactly what is wrong/find something that will work.  Since I had already had an MRI and "nothing was found", I was ready to try something new.  

I'm glad that we did.  Shortly after moving here, my migraines have gotten much worse.  I am now in a state of near constant headache with a migraine every day.  I can't continue like this.  I've been waiting impatiently for this appointment today.  I'm hoping that we can, at the very least, find something that will make the pain just a bit more bearable.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home