Thursday, December 12, 2013

Places I've Never Been

So today's journal prompt was places I've never been.  Well, there are a lot of places I've never been.  There are a few, however, that come to mind right away.

Disney Land - I would love to go to Disney Land.  I know most people would think that is a childish dream, but I don't really care.  I have always been a Disney fan and probably always will be.  I want to see all the wonders of the place.  I would love to take my children, too, as I KNOW they would love it.

The Grand Canyon - Having lived in Arizona for 13 years of my life, you would think I would have found some time to go to this amazing natural wonder.  But I never have.  I want to see nature in all of it's beauty here.  There are even times I miss Arizona.  Not enough to move back, but I would dearly love to visit there again some day.

Hawaii - Who doesn't want to go to Hawaii?  :)

Now for the slightly farther away places.

Australia - This is a slightly different experience than most would want, as my reasoning for wanting to go here is a bit more personal.  My grandparents have lived there for at least most, if not all, of my life.  My grandma recently passed away and my grandpa is going to move back to the states.  I would love to see the place they called home for so long.

Ireland - Anyone who knows me, knows that I love just about anything Irish.  Scottish, too, to some extent.  I'm a Celtic girl at heart.  I mean, come on.  My favorite color is green and I have a knot work tattoo.  Add to that, when my twins were due on March 17th, I decided to name them Fiona and Shannon if they were girls and Seamus and Patrick or Aiden if they were boys.

Other places that might be cool to visit are Mount Rushmore, Niagara Falls, Italy, New York City, England, Germany, China and the Great Wall, Japan, and probably about a million other places.  I guess I'll just have to win the Mega Millions lottery some day and travel the world.  Now that would be awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home