Monday, January 13, 2014

Food Oddities

The subject for today's musings is brought to you by The One-Minute Writer.

MONDAY, JANUARY 13, 2014

Today's Writing Prompt: Food Oddities

What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?




I can think of a couple of things that I have eaten that some might find weird.

I'll start with the oldest. When I was in grade school, my friends and I would do something that could have gotten us in trouble. There was a cactus patch just the other side of the fence at the back of the playground. We used to take turns slipping through the fence to get the prickly pear fruit that was on the other side. While not the easiest thing to eat, especially for kids with no tools of any sort, we enjoyed it. I haven't had any in a very long time, but I remember it tasting very good.

The other thing I like to eat that most find weird is peanut butter and pickle relish sandwiches. My ex was really grossed out by it, but he put up with it while I was pregnant, thinking it would go away. My mom used to make them for me as a kid, so I knew that it wouldn't. I still prefer pickle relish to jelly as an adult.

Now this next one grosses me out as an adult, but I loved it as a kid. My grandma used to make us kids a snack of peanut butter, butter and syrup sandwiches. What a sweet, sticky mess that was! We loved it. Thinking about it now, I know I would not be able to stand it.


I'm sure I've eaten other weird things, but those are the ones I remember.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home