Friday, January 31, 2014

Weekend Jitters

Well, this weekend should be interesting. It's take-the-girls-to-their-dad's weekend. Normally, Ted would take them and stay the weekend with some friends of ours. If I'm feeling up to it, I would go, too. That part hasn't happened yet, but I keep hoping. This weekend will be different. I am taking the girls while Ted stays home. He hasn't been feeling well and since one of our friends that we stay with is pregnant, he doesn't want to expose her to whatever it is he has.

I haven't seen these friends since we moved and I really enjoy their company. I just wish that Ted could enjoy it, too. He is also missing out on a day to be able to visit his girls. All three of them (Ted, Leora, and Abby) are a bit bummed about it, but we will see them next weekend. I know he misses his girls and his friends and I feel bad that we had to move away from them.

Then comes the Super Bowl.


That will be interesting in my house. I have been a Bronco's fan since childhood and Ted is a die hard Seahawks fan. He likes to tell me that I am not a real fan since I don't know the names of all the players, but I tell him that doesn't matter. At least I'm not a bandwagon fan.

Because of all the snow we have here, I am taking the girls out of school early so we can get out of the snowy area before it gets dark. We'll be coming back on Sunday early enough to avoid all of that since I want to get home before the big game.

That takes care of Friday and Sunday, I'm just not sure what Saturday will be like. I know that my friend will be home and not at work, but we've never been able to hang out that long, ever. I'm excited to be able to see her, but I'm also nervous. It's been awhile since I've done any socializing at all. I'm also nervous about not being home should a migraine hit. Especially since I won't have Ted to run interference or drive should I need him to.

I know the weekend will be great, I'm just hoping we will all be able to enjoy it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home